Are you looking for what do I need to renew my license in Texas?
If you drive in taxes without a license or with an expired license, then you may have to face the era. And it is fixed. That’s why you need to keep an eye on your driving license.
If your driving license has expired or is about to expire, in both cases you need to be worried about renewing your license. Knowing how to renew an expired driving license the United States of America warns you that you should not stick with an expired driving license at all.
When I thought of renewing my friend’s expired driving license, I faced a lot of trouble. And I will tell you about all these important things that you should know before renewing your driving license. Meaning what do I need to renew my license in Texas?
Jump Ahead To The Next Topic:
When To Renew Your Texas Driver’s License?
If you have a Texas driving license that is about to expire within 1 year, you can renew it now. And in the second case, if your driving license is going to expire in 2 years, then you can renew it under 2 years.
You can use the below-mentioned means to renew your driving license. You can also renew by phone, by mail, or in person.
If you have not renewed your driving license till 2008 and you do not have verified your citizenship with the Department of Public Safety (DPS) then you have to go through these things to renew your driving license.
- Birth Certificate or Birth Record
- US passport or passport card
- US Citizenship Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization
- US Citizen Identification Card
- Permanent resident card
- Passport or I-94 stamped “Approved I-551” or “Processed for I-551”
- Employment Authorization card (I-766)
- US travel document (I-327 or I-571)
- I-94 stamped “Sec. 208 Asylee” or “Sec. 207 Refugee”
- Machine Readable Immigrant Visa with temporary I-551 language and ADIT stamp
- Temporary I-551 stamp in foreign passport
- DS-2019 exchange visitor (J-1) certificate
- I-20 Non-immigrant student (F-1)
- Student documents with Student Exchange and Visitor Information System (SEVIS) number
- Non-student documents with alien number or I-94 number
what do i need to renew my license in texas?
If you want to renew your driving license online
- Your Texas driver’s license number
- Audit number (found on renewal card)
- Access to a printer (to print your temporary license)
If you want to renew your driving license in person
- You need (Form DL-32)
- You should gather Proof of identity, proof of Social Security number, proof of lawful U.S. presence, and proof of Texas residency
- You should gather your current driver’s license
- Verification of Enrollment and Attendance Form (VOE Form), high school diploma, GED, OR recent report card
What documents do I need to renew a Texas driver’s license?
Before renewing a driver’s license in Texas, you’ll need to gather a valid document for the following:
- Proof of identity
- Proof of Social Security Number (SSN)
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or up-to-date lawful presence for non-citizens
- Proof of legal name change
Note: You can use the official required documents checklist to see if you have already everything.
FAQ on renew driving license in Texas
There is also a way to renew the driving license in person. What can be worse is that you have to face a long queue to renew driving. If you want to apply for a driving license in person, then we will recommend you to use DoNotPay app for that. This app will let you find the best time and schedule in a matter of seconds. It is designed to support all browsers. Through this app, you will also know which documents you should prepare to renew your driving license.
Yes, you Can Renew Your Texas License Through the Phone or Online but you need to follow these steps. First is filling out the online form and typing out everything yourself. And second is calling 1-866-DL RENEW (1-866-357-3639). If you want to renew your driving license in Taxes online then you must follow certain conditions. It is necessary to you should a citizen of the U.S. You can apply only for Class C or CM licenses. Your driving license ref expires in two years or less. You must be over 18 years old and not older than 79. You do not have any warrants or unpaid tickets issued in your name.
Yes, you renew your driving license by mail. But it will be valid only when you receive written notice. You can do this, for this, you do not need to collect any kind of document because all your documents are already available in the office. All you have to do is fill out the written form and send it back to that email. It’s most negative seems that after doing all the work you have to wait until you get the mail back.
Conclusion: How to renew License?
A lot of people are surprised when they find out that they need to renew their Texas driving License when they need. There are a lot of myths about what is required for driving license renewal in Texas. So we thought we’d write a blog to clarify the process.
In this blog post, we mentioned a full guide about what you need to renew your Texas driver’s license. Thanks for reading this blog post for a comprehensive guide to the Texas driver’s license renewal process.